Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I Love You Forever

Most mothers of sons know this book well. I used to read it to Patrick all the time and cried every time I did. So much so, in fact, that he would call it "the book that makes you cry mommy". It's a lovely story of a mom's pure adoration for her son. I am thinking about him today and how much I love him. He is 9 and smart and full of the most spectacular energy and life and light. He's also at the age where he must pull away from mommy and that hurts sometimes ...more sass and attitude less hugs and kisses. I miss him today. My beautiful, beautiful boy...


We flew to Washington, DC this summer. Just Patty and mom. We had so much fun.


At the Lincoln Memorial--Shakes and Burgers at Johnny Rockets--Doritos are his favorite


We visited lots of museums at the Smithsonian.

After visiting the spy museum he thought he was James Bond!


We stayed up late, watched movies and ate junk food in our hotel room!! He also drove me crazy until I agreed to buy him "Axe" body spray :) What a bod!

The song in the book says...

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.."

No matter how grown he gets, that will always be true.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. Yeah! You're back. Also loved the book, but me and my boys always thought it was creepy the page where the mom is old and she's creeping in to the window to be with her grown son who is probably married and has kids. Weirdoooooo!
    Love Patty in that photo. And you and him in the diner.

    ReplyDelete